Monday, October 17, 2005

TV this week...

My Name is Earl - I hadn't been watching this show but my uncle recommended it during Thanksgiving dinner last weekend and he usually has excellent taste in TV programs so I figured I'd give it a try. I downloaded the first 3 episodes and watched them in preparation for this weeks 4th episode and I must say I'm hooked. The show is the story of Earl, a small time petty thief and all around jackass who comes to the conclusion that bad things always happen to him because he does bad things to others. He writes himself a list of all the bad things he has ever done and sets about making them right. I highly recommend this show.

Boston Legal - A stand out episode of a show that is consistently one of the best shows on TV. William Shatner committing the shotgun murder of a fish is just great TV. This episode also provides the best line on TV this week:

Alan: This book, "A stain upon the sea", it's all about these sealice.
Denny: Interesting
Alan: They call them Cling Ons.
Denny: Did you say Klingons?

Lost - I liked this weeks episode. Which probably means I'll dislike next weeks. It's nice to see that Rose was in fact right and that Bernard did survive the crash. What happened to the other survivors from their group though? Did they cannibalize each other? Did the others kill them? How come their bunker seems to suck compared to the one that Locke found on the other side of the island? How long will Claire make that jar of peanut butter last? Some of these questions may or may not be answered in the next episode.

CSI: NY - As much as I complain about my job from time to time, at least I know I'll never be asked to fish through a barrel of tiger poo looking for body parts.

Smallville - A good mythology episode. Let the fan speculation over who is going to die this season begin. My guess is that it will either be Chloe or Pa Kent, and I'm leaning towards Chloe if for no other reason than because she was an original character created specifically for the show thusly making her the most expendable from a DC Comics/Warner Bros perspective. Clark has go to have the discussion about his powers with Lana pretty quick or I'll never believe that she has an IQ over 60 again. She sees him die then an hour later she doesn't recoil in horror when he is standing in his house looking like he just came out of a burning building? What the heck kind of story did he come up with that had her defending him to Lex in the next scene and why didn't we get to see it? Could it be that the writers couldn't come up with anything that wasn't completely retarded either? And as if she isn't going to want to check out the scar from his gunshot, chicks dig scars.

CSI - Still feeling blah about this season. Hopefully this Warrick is married storyline is going somewhere. Are they really going to find some tight claustrophobic space to shove Nick into every week?

And that's your week in TV.

No comments: